Last Updated: 19 January 2024
1. Important Information and Who We Are
- Contact Details: Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: HIPP About Health Limited
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Pendle Drive, Basildon, Essex SS14 3LT
- Telephone number: +44 7939 122 331
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
2. The Data We Collect About You We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data: Includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data: Includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: Includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data: Includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data: Includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
3. How is Your Personal Data Collected? We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion, or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
5. Disclosures of Your Personal Data We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in paragraph 4 above:
- Internal Third Parties: Other companies in the Get HIPP About Your Health Group acting as joint controllers or processors and who are based in [Specify Countries].
- External Third Parties: Service providers acting as processors based in [Specify Countries] who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers: Including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers based in [Specify Countries] who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services.
6. International Transfers
- We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we do, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
7. Data Retention We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. Your Legal Rights Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to request access, request correction, request erasure, object to processing, request restriction of processing, request data portability, and withdraw consent.
9. Your Legal Rights Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to request access, request correction, request erasure, object to processing, request restriction of processing, request data portability, withdraw consent, and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Lawful Basis
- Legitimate Interest: the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience.
- Performance of Contract: processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal obligation: processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
Contact Us For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [Insert Email Address] or by mail using the details provided in the Contact Details section above.